We all are surviving the new experiences and learning a lot. WordPress is rejecting my photo’s this morning. When I finally got them uploaded the captions only show if you hold your mouse over them.
No time for sewing, cleaning, cooking or writing as our schedules are in absolute chaos but Hey, that’s okay. We don’t get to do this but 1-2 times per year. So here’s an update on our experiences (all of our experiences).
Omaw and Opaws’ lessons for the weekend:
- Take your vitamins and drink a lot of water, you are not as young as you used to be.
- Thank GOD for volume controls on the television remote.
- Passing out from exhaustion solves insomnia.
- Don’t forget the baby gate at the bottom of the stairs you just installed. Flipping over it could be painful in the middle of the night.
- Turn on the lights in the living room at 4 am or you might break your hip or ankles.
- After you feel the squish on the carpet, it is too late.Note to self.. Pick up more carpet shampoo, better yet remove carpet before next visit.
- Opaw’s name is actually Paw-paw and they ALL must learn this immediately!
- Opaw’s are good at teaching you how to put on your shoes,nobody else does it RIGHT.
- Opaw’s have special auras and therefore are asked by granddaughters to do only special things: like, accepting ALL the video’s I bring him no matter how many there are. He is obviously in charge of the TV. (smart kiddo:. She does this every night and is so pleased with herself with each delivery, to their rightful owner, that she is beside herself with giggles.)
- Omaw’s chair is “where it’s at” and the best seat in the house. It doesn’t matter where or what chair…just HER chair is where I must be.
- Omaw lets me watch Gaelig cartoons on her computer whenever I want . If I clap, she will sing me Gaelig songs and we can RUN… until she has to lay down in the floor from all the jumping around. When she does that … I must wait for her to recover before she can move again.
- The Bonnet song is more fun outside, I can really RUN with it there.
- The Bonnet song stops if you don’t watch it.
- Cold hands on Omaw’s tummy… makes Omaw scream.
- If Omaw puts something IN something… then my job is to remove it.
- No matter what, Omaw will “splain it” whatever it is.
- Scrambled eggs can be flung a full 5 feet from ones chair with very little effort. The secret is all in the wrist action.
- Food in the carpet is not a problem. Step on the food then pivot around and you can watch Omaw’s eyes roll back in her head and faint dead away.
- If there is screaming on the tele then… it is time for me to scream also.
- ½ a gold fish will be sucked up by the vacuum. …A whole one will be spit across the room so I can go fetch it and eat it.
- Paw-paws don’t follow the rules of decorum. Paw-paws pick up baby girls no matter what. There is no need to walk if Paw-paw is in the room or with in earshot.
- The food on Paw-paws’ plate always tastes better than mine.
- Paw-paws worry non-stop about choking hazards. They sneak up and remove things so fast I have whiplash from keeping an eye on him.
- Dirt is softer than grass and I really like to play in it just like Omaw and Mimi.
- Roses smell good. A whole one will fit in your mouth. Funny they don’t taste as good as they smell.
- Kitty’s have ways to escape me…for now.
The CAT’s weekend lessons: 20 year old diabetic cat only has a few defenses against a 1 year old. He learned REAL fast.
- Lay very very still and maybe she won’t notice, . And
- Watch the child carefully above all… if there is a long handled spoon, or other protruding object in her hand run outside tut-sweet.
- Allowing Baby to put her feet on you is less painful than her fingers in your ears.
- Watch those feet, they do have a tendency to kick , listen for the squeal and MOVE quickly when you hear it.
- It does not matter if it’s cold outside, at least it’s quite and safe.
- Cats shed badly when under stress. I will be bald in 7 days